Introduction to Community Engaged Research
From Roberto DiRenzo
Participants are introduced to the conditions and contexts for Community-Engaged Research (CEnR) while exploring the fundamental principles and approaches of CEnR and the skills needed to work with community members.
- Define Community-Engaged Research (CEnR) and describe its distinctions from traditional research
- Explain the rationale for CEnR
- Discuss the structure and function of CEnR
- Explain how to incorporate community engagement into traditional research approaches
- Discuss the benefits of various CEnR approaches